Project: Pre-primary education for the children with disabilities is a fact.
At 24th november, 2021 a delegation of both NGOs met in order to get acquainted with eachother and to make appointments about cooperation.
Mutual expectations were shared.
At 28th November, 2021 Stichting Afeto confirmed that they will support the education project for three years, so that sustainability of this project is settled for 3 years.
Stichting Afeto and Stichting PhySCI demand a respectful and equal treatment of partners and staff in Bangladesh.
Stichting Afeto has as goal: to stimulate the development of children who are poor or live in a vulnerable situation and to give them a better future.
Stichting Afeto will support salaries for two teachers during three years, including cost of the NGO office, according to the budget request ADD has sent and Afeto approved.
Stichting Afeto has an independent relationship with ADD and will transfer their sponsor money directly to ADD.
Stichting PhySCI will give support in communication with ADD and arranging formalities like LOI, budget requests, approvals and report, if needed.
Both organisations put texts at their website about the cooperation.
Stichting phySCI will take responsibility for the support of substantive ( professional) support of the project in cooperation with the colleagues of ADD. The method will be realized in cooperation with the staff of ADD. Stichting Physci shall share information and evaluation with Stichting Afeto.
ADD will report about the running project with fotos, stories of the children, at least once a month.
ADD and Stichting PhySCI will take care of an integral budget and financial report and will share it with Afeto.
These are the appointments made.
In the meantime Stichting PhySCI has been enabled to sponsor one ( perhaps two) teacher (-s). So Stichting Physci can additionally support the project and in this way the cooperation with Stichting Afeto can be consolidated.
Proposal method and steps to take
Goal: stimulate quality of pre-school training for children with a physical disability who visit the CP daycare in Dinajpur.
Resource: give primary education by teachers from regular school.
Method/steps to take ( made by Ahad and Ria in consideration together)
- Inventarisation of the number of children who can join the pre-school training. Ahad already has started with assessments. Until now many children are seen, it seems now 60 children will be on the list;
- Divide in groups for pre-school training. ( now we think we could make 4 groups of 15 children, we have two classrooms, so every group can join 3 days a week. In every group we would like to join two teachers, one special need teacher, mothers for helping hands if needed, physiotherapy will be given in Physio room );
- ADD will look for teachers who can apply. Condition: experienced in teaching and soft, patience and kind treatment of the children.
- Teachers will receive training in working with children with a physical or multiple disability. Ria and Ahad will take care of this training. It should teach about: working with children with a disability, functional exercises( for example: learning tasks while standing in standing frame), assistive devices, respectful treatment, patience, repetition of items as children often have slow intake of lessons or stimuli, sensory processing and integration, behaviour and autism.
- Teachers will give training to special need teachers about items of teaching;
- The class room will be equipped with all materials we have for teaching and learning and if needed materials are supplemented, according to the budget possibilities.
- Teachers will make assessments for the level of every individual child. If it is not possible to come together in class room teachers can invite children one by one or go for home visit.
- We expect and like to facilitate a useful and sympathetic cooperation between teachers, parents and staff of CP daycare by sharing knowledge of both sides, equality of rang, respect and understanding and appreciation of eachothers skills and possibilities.
- We shall have to work at awareness in society for the rights of children with a disability.
We hope for a very successful result for the children.